Why Choose Modular?
Modular vs Traditional Construction
Modular, pre-fabricated on-site construction takes full advantage of what a controlled assembly environment has to offer. With this advantage comes time savings in planning, engineering and construction, avoidance of weather delays typical for frame and stick construction, quality management of materials and assembly and increased safety by reducing on-site materials and construction traffic.
Benefits of Modular Building Solutions
- Consistent quality of manufacturing
- Speed of construction and deployment
- Energy efficiency
- Flexibility of site and building design
- Cost advantages over traditional construction methods
- Less materials waste
- Higher quality product due to controlled manufacturing environment
- Reduced construction timeline, speed of installation and deployment over traditional methods.
- Modular facilities are built to meet or exceed the same standards and building codes as site-built structures.
- Controlled environment and inventory of materials reduces waste and delivery time to the job-site.
- In-house construction of "modules" allows for greater Quality Control resulting in a higher quality structure.
Consistency in Manufacturing Quality
In-house modular construction allows for higher level of consistency throughout the building process. Materials availability, weather factors, construction site logistics, unproven local contractors and little on-site overview of construction processes can all degrade the quality of on-site construction. These factors become a non-issue with modular construction and our experienced deployment teams.
Time is always a factor in any project and we know you and your staff need to get your facilities up and running as quickly as possible. Modular buildings allow your workforce to be on-site in less time than traditional construction so you can begin work with little delay. Because our products are built in an indoor manufacturing facility, environmental concerns; rain, snow wind or extreme heat and cold, for example are never a factor. Modular housing arrives on-site in ready-to-construct components that can be assembled quickly and efficiently. This opens up many more facility installation windows in a project's time line as opposed to the "waiting on the weather" approach. That means your team can begin working sooner rather than later.
See Larger View »
Using the same materials and adhering to the same building codes and standards as site-built structures, modular buildings are designed and constructed to meet or exceed energy efficiency ratings as their traditionally built counterparts.
Modular building design solutions offer flexibility, allowing the custom development of facilities and accommodations that meet virtually any job site requirement, regardless of the size of your workforce or budget. Custom engineered site development ensures the maximum use of your space and optimum facilities placement for efficiency and site access after completion.
Many aspects of modular construction save money over traditional methods. By using prefabricated modular buildings, We take advantage of reduces costs through greater materials and labor use efficiencies. In addition, modular construction provides for a faster installation timeline that reduces the on-site costs and gets your facilities up and running and profitable sooner. Reduced materials waste due to weather related spoilage and theft also contribute greatly to savings.
Many companies these days are looking for "greener" and less wasteful solutions for many of their day-to-day business activities. Modular construction techniques extends this concept to the building process by offering an alternative to traditional construction practices that reduces construction waste with less environmental impact. This is achieved by less physical materials on site, significantly less construction activity, improved quality management throughout the process and less site disturbance during site preparation and construction.
Quality of Materials
Modular buildings and facilities are built to meet or exceed the exact same building codes and standards as traditional site-built structures. The same materials are used in the modular construction process as with conventional construction methods.
A construction site can be a dangerous place with it's own unique set of hazards and liabilities. Since modular buildings are constructed or partially constructed off site, job site traffic at your existing facility is reduced by as much as 80%. This can be very important for businesses, schools, hospitals or any customer with a lot of traffic of their own. By improving overall security and safety for employees students and personnel through reduced on-site construction activity, we can help to limit those safety hazards.
Modular buildings can be custom designed to your specific needs and your particular job site requirements. We will work with you at the beginning to define your specific needs and every step of the way to custom tailor facilities to maximize efficiency in meeting those requirements.
In most cases our modular finish-out can be designed to seamlessly fit in with your existing facilities if need be making them indistinguishable from older site buildings.
Facilities Reuse and Redeployment
Modular buildings can be disassembled, refurbished and reused on-site or moved to other sites as your business or needs require. This gives you the option to adapt existing structures to address needs as they come up. With the speed of change in today's business and industry saving time and money by reusing existing facilities can be an important benefit.
There are may environmental advantages to modular construction over traditional methods. These advantages are achieved through quality controls of in-house construction methods and monitoring, increased efficiency in the management of materials, construction waste and reuse-recycling, reduced materials delivery and transport, site disturbance and air quality after installation.
A Greener Alternative »
As with any construction site, personnel, students, employees or customers coming in and out or your existing facilities may be inconvenienced or delayed by the presence of ongoing construction. Modular construction reduces the length of time construction crews are actually on site assembling your new facilities. By reducing business disruption throughout the project's timeline, the modular building process saves you time and ultimately money.
Ellis - Your End-to-End Modular Solution
Ellis Modular is an independently owned and operated, self-contained provider or an "End-to-End" modular provider. Our Design-Build-Deploy(SM) system means vertical integration throughout the process from start to finish. What does this mean to you? Extremely low overhead, resulting in a substantial value to you without compromising quality. It also means that Ellis runs at an unparalleled level of efficiency. And efficiency equals savings. We'll work with you to develop a custom-designed product package that satisfies your job site or project needs, personnel requirements and budgetary constraints.
A single phone call to Ellis Modular will get you the engineering, site preparation, materials and service you need with the quality you expect at a price that won't break your budget.
Contact Ellis Today »
10 Things You Need to Know About Modular Construction
- Modular construction is one of the fastest growing forms of building in the market today. The recognition of its increased efficiency and ability to apply modern technology to the needs of the market place are what make it better and more efficient than frame and stick construction.
- Our custom modular facilities are built with components constructed in a controlled factory environment to the same building codes as traditional site-built housing.
- Superior quality control of modular building reduced waste and provides a faster completion time, 30-60 days, than site-built construction.
- The increased efficiency of modular facilities construction generally results in greater value for the project owner and easier planning and construction for the facilities management team.
- Computerization has enabled us to take a mass customization approach and design any modular facility to meet the particular needs of a project owner.
- The combination of reduced cycle time, more efficient construction, unlimited customization and a growing shortage of skilled trade's people are the primary reasons many builders are switching from traditional frame and stick building to modular unit construction.
- Our modular designs encompass the entire spectrum of market needs and demands; from affordable multi-person living quarters to high-capacity commercial facilities like on-site retail stores and cafeterias. If your job site requires it, we can build it all with modular.
- Modular-based job site facilities industry has grown at almost a 10% rate over the last five years mainly due to the cost benefits over traditional construction methods.
- Forecasters see the modular building industry increasing its market share over traditional construction by 12% annually mainly due to speed of deployment and overall cost benefit. (Frost & Sullivan)